Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry


My e-mail doesn't want to know me. Bloody refuses to let me in. And I've got a sneaking suspicion it may have something to do with that update my virus checker ran last night while I wasn't looking. I knew I should never have let that Russian piece of crap anywhere near my system, but did I listen to my inner misgivings? Did I, buggery!

I just know there's tons of mail waiting for me, tons! Well, maybe not tons, but one or two surely...and not being able to check on them is driving me barmy. Grr! I hate this.

On a different note: I've just discovered badbuffyfic, and mine eyes have been opened. With every story I read, the feeling grows more insistent: I can do that! I can do that easy. Look out world! There's a bad!fic writer in me clamouring to be let out.


( 12 Speak Like A Child — Shout To The Top )
Feb. 15th, 2005 07:47 pm (UTC)
Ack! I'm sorry. Hope it gets sorted out quickly!
Feb. 15th, 2005 08:02 pm (UTC)
See? This is one of those e-mail notifications I can't get at! Aaarrrggh.
Feb. 15th, 2005 08:55 pm (UTC)
I hate it when email won't let me in. There's almost nothing that ticks me off more than that.
Feb. 16th, 2005 07:47 am (UTC)
At the risk of sounding pretty damn pathetic, but without access to my e-mail, I feel totally cut off from the world -- and slightly betrayed by my e-mail client; it's as if it's sent me to Coventry and it won't even tell me why...
Feb. 16th, 2005 03:14 pm (UTC)
That's not pathetic. 90% of my social life is online, and the other 10% is spent on long distance phone calls. When LJ went down a while ago? I thought I was going to cry.

Or maybe that is pathetic. If it is, we can be pathetic together. :)
Feb. 16th, 2005 08:16 pm (UTC)
When LJ went down a while ago? I thought I was going to cry

Oh yes. When LJ went down that weekend, I finally became aware of the extent of my web addition. I just couldn't settle, do something else. I had to go back to my 'puter every 5 minutes to see if it was back yet.

Now, with tjis e-mail thing, I'm having much the same problem...although luckily, I've just found out I can access the inbox through webmail. As I've just read through 60 odd mails and feel kind of tired and relaxed now, I won't bother staying up half the night trying to get Outlook Express going again. That can wait till the weekend, I think.
Feb. 16th, 2005 09:57 pm (UTC)
Yeah, I've transferred pretty much everything to web based email, just so I can access it anywhere. And I was lucky. The Saturday that LJ was down for me, I was at a friend's place all day, talking about Buffy and Angel. By the time I got to check in on Sunday, it was back up. :)
Feb. 15th, 2005 11:20 pm (UTC)
Bummer! Is that AVG that's doing this to you?

:: kicks it ::
Feb. 16th, 2005 07:49 am (UTC)
I may have been a bit hasty blaming AVG...I don't know what's causing the problem. If it's not better by tonight, I'm getting in the professionals!
Feb. 16th, 2005 08:08 pm (UTC)
I take it all back. It is AVG that's causing it. In all probability. Otherwise, ZoneAlarm.

Now, to solve it, though...
Feb. 16th, 2005 01:13 am (UTC)
Go for it! It's incredibly freeing to write intentionally bad fic. :-P
Feb. 16th, 2005 07:52 am (UTC)
Right then, I will! I hjave every intention of writing a bad!fic -- now let's see if I can bag me a bunny...
( 12 Speak Like A Child — Shout To The Top )
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow