Take a screencap of your desktop
To cap a desktop:
1) Press "Print Screen" (print scrn) button on a PC
or cmd-shift-3 on a Mac
2) Open your graphics program-o-choice
3) Press CTRL + V or go to "edit > paste"
4) Save image as a JPEG
5) Upload the screen cap to your image server.
6) Reply to this entry with A LINK TO your screencap. Along with any explanations you feel are necessary.
7) Post your cap in YOUR LJ along with these instructions
Oops! Oh well: bonus points to anyone who can guess what picture hides behind the open windows! ;-)