Which seems to be the same state the Pope is in at the moment. Poor man. Why, when he created the possibility for future incumbents of Peter's see to step down from the office if it became too much, did he not avail himself of it before now?
And Terri Schiavo has shucked her moribund status, and still her relatives keep arguing and her country's politicians keep spouting rhetoric; and I read that in the States, there may be up to 32,000 people languishing in hospital in a vegetative state like hers, who all seem to be at the mercy of the bible bashers and grandstanders now.
It was a quiet day today, and so I spent a considerable part of it catching up with the The Case Of The Person Who Commissioned The Wrong Someone To Write Her Paper For Her, Meant To Defraud Him, And Got Exposed On Internet, shaking my head in wonder at how many people had actually sprung to her defense. There is no excuse for plagiarism, or taking credit for work not your own, in academia; and that's exactly how it should be. What progress could we ever hope to make in any field if all we (know how to) do is just copy one another? I hope the stupid bint gets exactly what she deserves.
I'm on Day 3 of my 'diet': basically, just salad and soup for the next 2 weeks. I've not had a choccie in 72 hours and I'm wondering when withdrawal will kick in.
And finally, to bring this to a close, a meme I gakked from poisoninjest, which may or may not interest you:
1. Post the names of 20 of your favorite musicians.
2. See who can guess which is your favorite song by each.
3. Once someone guesses right, bold that row and include the song.
01. New Order, Blue Monday -- bogwitch
02. The Cure, A Forest -- freakspawn
03. David Bowie
04. Common Rotation, Pawn
05. David Sylvian/Japan
06. Iggy Pop, The Passenger -- bogwitch
07. U2, A Sort of Homecoming
09. The Stone Roses, Love Spreads -- bogwitch
10. Prefab Sprout, When Love Breaks Down -- bogwitch
12. Depeche Mode, Enjoy The Silence -- bogwitch
13. The Rolling Stones
14. Mercury Rev
15. Oasis, Champagne Supernova -- sarcasticbitca
16. Paul Weller/The Style Council, Shout To The Top! -- bogwitch / The Paris Match -- deadsoul820
17. Talking Heads
18. Lloyd Cole & The Commotions, Perfect Skin -- bogwitch
19. Keane, Somewhere Only We Know -- sarcasticbitca
20. Massive Attack, Teardrop -- bogwitch
ETA: Kind of hard, huh? Not so: since my favourite songs change from day to day, almost any title you can think of may hit the jackpot. Anyway, have fun!