I shouldn't have watched Forrest Gump last night. It's one of those films that never fails to turn me into Emo!Girl, crying my eyes out and feeling crappy as a result the next day. Still, no time to take it easy and nurse my headachey head, as I've got masses of things still to do today before I catch my plane tonight:
- Leave a tidy house. This means do the dishes, give the place a good hoovering, and clean the work surfaces and kitchen cabinets. Clean kitty litter. Possibly, clean windows as well.
- Go out and buy large amounts of cat food. Buy batteries for digital camera. Buy film for much more reliable non-digital camera as well.
- Wash hair.
- Try and complete annual tax self-assessment, which is due in April 1st.
- Decide on shoes to bring, do the ironing, and get packed.
- Do not forget to bring purse of UK small change this time; check for passport and reservation number.
I'm really looking forward to my 2 weeks away, though I wish I hadn't left everything to the last minute...and I hope my cats and computer will be in good hands with my nephew, but he's a 17-year old boy in possession of my housekeys. Will he fight (beat) for his right (beat) to paaaaartaaaaay?
Anyway, freakspawn has come up with lots of things for us to do in the time we'll be spending together, so expect detailed and lengthy updates on our exploits when I get back, or whenever I can gain access to a computer before then.
But before I rush off to attend to the million-and-one things I still need to take care of, let me wish rj_anderson and suze2000 a very happy belated birthday this 23rd of March, and may they both have lovely weekends full of celebration following their natal day.