Yesterday, one of my co-workers commented on how obviously happy I was with my mp3 player, and I am! I've not even had it for a month, but already I won't go anywhere without it. I love it to bits, though I've been quite lazy and have only uploaded 977 songs to it so far. This morning, I've been playing a little game with it, a meme gacked from enigmaticblues, inbetween bouts of slumber and trips to the bathroom:
1.) Put your music player on shuffle
2.) Press forward for each question.
3.) Use the song title as the answer to the question.
4.) NO CHEATING!
01) How am I feeling today? - Closer by Richard Cheese
"I wanna fuck you like an animal"...oh dear, it's one of those days, is it?
02) Where will I get married? - If You Don't Know Me By Now by Simply Red
apparently, the where is not the question- it's whether we'll get there at all
03) What is my best friend's theme song? - Orpheus by David Sylvian
good song...not sure how it relates to Best Friend, though
04) What is/was highschool like? - This Is The Last Time by Keane
my highschool days are now so far back into the past I can't be sure that the mood expressed in this song is accurate or not
05) What is the best thing about me? - Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight) by ABBA
hang on...the best thing about me is that I'm a nympho?!
06) How is today going to be? - Through With You by Maroon 5
looks like I'm wearing my resolve face today!
07) What is in store for next weekend? - Blue Café by The Style Council
in other words, the weekend is going to be nice and mellow with not a lot happening...I can live with that ;-)
08) What song describes my parents? - Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) by Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel
? - "I'll do what you want", maybe?
09) How is my life going? Dreaming - by Blondie
probably fairly accurate...
10) What song will they play at my funeral? - Birdhouse In Your Soul by TMBG
11) How does the world see me? Fistful Of Love - by Antony & The Johnsons
"and so I'm left to pick up the hints the little symbols of your devotion, and I feel your fist, and I know it's out of love"...so I'm not just a nympho, but an abuser as well? Nice!
12) What do my friends really think of me? Natural Anthem - by The Postal Service
"please don't be upset at this portrait that I paint; it may be a little biased but at least I spelled your name right"
13) Do people secretly lust after me? The Sun Always Shines On TV - by Delays
oh no, it's much worse than that -- it seems they want me to love them. (great a-Ha cover, btw)
14) How can I make myself happy? The Jean Genie - by David Bowie
by taking drugs? oh now, there's something I haven't tried yet! ;-)
15) What should I do with my life? You Can Have It All - by Kaiser Chiefs
what, I should deny any and all responsibility?
16) Will I ever have children? More Than I Can Bear - by Matt Bianco
this just makes no sense at all -- unless it means I will have more than I can ever bear which seems a bit strange...
17) What is some good advice? Waterfront - by Simple Minds
"get in, get out of the rain" - it's always a good idea to take shelter when the heavens open
18) What do I think my current theme song is? High - by The Cure
basic insecurities coming to the fore again
19) What does everyone else think my current theme song is? Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead - by Ella Fitzgerald
20) What type of men/women do I like? Mr. Superlove - by The Afghan Whigs
violent men with an exaggerated sense of their prowess are so not a turn-on, but according to this, they must be
21) Will I get married? In My Life - by Johnny Cash
perhaps...when I'm very, very old?
22) What should I do with my love life? Breaking Into Heaven - by The Stone Roses
"I'm gonna break right into heaven/I can't wait anymore - an exhortation to go out and get me some?
23) What's sex like? Lovesong - by The Cure
warm, loving and just a little sad, I suppose...
24) Where will I live? Missionary Man - by The Eurythmics
OK - so I'll get married late in life to a missionary man who'll take me back with him to the jungle, is that it?
25) What will my dying words be? Tears In Heaven - by Eric Clapton
Then I got up, got dressed, and purchased my Common Rotation tickets for London and Belfast -- though not the one for Glasgow yet. I don't know, were we going to book them in advance, or buy them at the door? Jules?