?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

I was awakened by a loud, angry buzzing and opened my eyes to see Manasse chasing a big fat bumble-bee. I picked up a shoe (there's plenty of those lying around) and whacked it. I thought I'd killed it, but when I bent to pick it up and throw it in the bin, it obviously had some life left in it, and it stung me! I hadn't been stung since I was a child. I'd forgotten how much it hurts.

Comments

ter369
Jul. 28th, 2006 05:39 am (UTC)
It's true -- you can probably handle the sting better than the cat, with its smaller body mass.

Whew. Still, stiff thumb, ow

gamiila
Jul. 28th, 2006 05:45 am (UTC)
I once saw a cat (not mine!) stung in the mouth. It wasn't a pretty sight - poor animal just went completely berserk.

I know I tend to be slightly overprotective of my pets, but bee or wasp stings can be really dangerous to them, if they're stung on the roof of the mouth or in the gorge. So I'm glad it's me and not him ;-)