The Playlist Meme!
Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play. Pick your favourite lines from the first 35 songs that play. Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from...WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP!
I should've stopped to think - I should've made the time
I could've had that drink - I could've talked a while
I would've done it right - I would've moved us on
But I didn't - now it's all too late
02) My Sweet Prince, Placebo - guessed by laura_isaac
Never thought you’d fuck with my brain
Never thought all this could expire
Never thought you’d go break the chain
03) Girl Afraid, The Smiths - guessed by grapefruitzzz
And I know because she said so.
04) People Are Strange, The Doors/Echo & The Bunnymen - guessed by laura_isaac
Faces come out of the rain
When you're strange
No one remembers your name
When you're strange
05) A Pain That I'm Used To, Depeche Mode - guessed by bogwitch
You just need to achieve something that rings true
06) Dancing Queen, ABBA - guessed by deadflowerss
Night is young and the music’s high
With a bit of rock music, everything is fine
You’re in the mood for dance
And when you get the chance...
and I say your uncle was a crooked French Canadian
and he was gut-shot running gin
and how his guts were all suspended in his fingers
and how he held 'em
how he held 'em, held 'em in
The crowd, they all hailed you and chanted your name
But they never knew like we knew me and you were the same
And now you're all over, your song is so tame
You fed me, you bred me, I'll remember your name
09) Handbags & Gladrags, Rod Stewart/Stereophonics - guessed by laura_isaac
So I suggest you just throw them all away
10) Sign o' the Times, Prince - guessed by bogwitch
And we're sending people 2 the moon
In September my cousin tried reefer 4 the very first time
Now he's doing horse; it's June
11) Police On My Back, The Clash - guessed by caegey
Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday running
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
12) Happy Hour, The Housemartins - guessed by grapefruitzzz
And you take all your clothes off
And go back to the kitchen sink
'Cause I built you a home in my heart,
with rotten wood, it decayed from the start.
14) Desire, U2 - guessed by itsabigrock
for love of money money money
money money money money money
money money money
15) Say Hello, Wave Goodbye, Soft Cell - guessed by frimfram
I'll find someone
That's not going cheap in the sales
A nice little housewife
Who'll give me a steady life
And won't keep going off the rails
16) Is She Really Going Out With Him?, Joe Jackson - guessed by chantal87
They say that looks don't count for much
And so there goes your proof
17) Stretch Out And Wait, The Smiths - guessed by grapefruitzzz
Let your juvenile impulses sway
This way and that way and this way and that way
God, how sex implores you
To let yourself lose yourself
18) Tracks Of My Tears - guessed by deadflowerss
My smile is my makeup
I wear since my breakup with you
I'm watching as the gulls all settle down
Upon the empty vessels
The faded whites of their wedding gowns
The songs of hopeless selflessness
What they say,
does it make you feel ashamed?
Isn't everyone the same?
Does it matter that it wasn't your idea?
Ed il mio bacio scioglierà.
Il silenzio che ti fa mio!
Il nome suo nessun saprà!
E noi dovrem, ahimè, morir!
22) Eyes Without A Face, Billy Idol - guessed by chantal87
Reading murder books tryin' to stay hip.
I'm thinkin' of you you're out there so
Say your prayers
Say your prayers
Say your prayers
23) Golden Brown, The Stranglers - guessed by bogwitch
On her ship tied to the mast
To distant lands
Takes both my hands
Never a frown
24) Last Dance, Donna Summer - guessed by chantal87
Beside me, to guide me,
To hold me, to scold me,
'cause when I'm bad
I'm so, so bad
Te parece confundida
Su pasión está escondida
Nunca sabes lo que va a decir
Cuando empieza a sonreír
26) Here, Vast - guessed by itsabigrock and bogwitch*
There's so many I could read
But they all are filled with lies
Where do I put the lies?
There's so many I could say
But it seems they're in the books
*credit given jointly as itsabigrock interpreted having to check the liner notes to remind herself of the song title as breaking the NO LOOKING IT UP!-rule, and suggested I give it to the next person who got it right...but then bogwitch confessed she got it from itsabigrock's clue.
P-p-p-pneumothorax is a word that is long
They're just trying to put some punk back into punctured lung
I was a big ol' bear once (x4)
And I walked away from California
And I walked away from everything that's known
And I walked away from everything I lived for
Only to find that everything had grown
You look down on me
Don't you look down on me now
You don't know me at all
A slap in the face
In the face for you now
Just might do now
30) Boys Keep Swinging, David Bowie - guessed by grapefruitzzz
You can buy a home of your own
When you're a boy
Learn to drive and everything
You put me on a shelf
And kept me for yourself
I can only blame myself
You can only blame me
32) Mack the Knife, Frank Sinatra - guessed by frimfram
There's a cement bag just dropping on down
The cement's there just for the weight, dear
Five will get you ten old Mack is back in town
33) Hounds Of Love, Kate Bush - guessed by bogwitch
And throw them in the lake,
And I'll be two steps on the water.
34) Killer Queen, Queen/Travis - guessed by laura_isaac
Then momentarily out of action, temporarily out of gas
to absolutely drive you wild, wild..
She's all out to get you...
35) Tom's Diner, Suzanne Vega - guessed by itsabigrock
There's a story of an actor
Who had died while he was drinking
It was no one I had heard of