Speaking of colour, here's a meme on the very subject:
List the ten favorite things connected with a certain color. I was given "orange". Comment on this post and I will give you a color!
Considering that orange happens to be my favourite colour, listing ten favourite things that are orange should have been a doddle; however, I have been struggling a bit. In the end though, I came up with:
1. Scatter cushions. When I moved into my flat, I decided on a fairly neutral colour scheme: the floors were already covered in teakwood parquetry, but I whitewashed the walls, painted all the skirting boards, door- and window frames a soft vanilla colour, and furnished it with white, and teakwood, furniture. It looked great for the first few months, but then it started to look a little too sparse to me...until I got a couple of bright orange scatter cushions and liked the effect so much I got a few more...and then some more...and more still. Which goes to show you don't need to get a whole new interior, just plonk a couple of cushions down to give your place a whole new look.
2. My orange (and yellow) plaid, that I love to wrap myself up in when it gets chilly out on the balcony, but I don't fancy going in yet.
3. My orange cashmere cardie from Jigsaw, that sadly (or so I noticed the other day) the moths have gotten to.
4. My too old, too big, too comfortable orange jumper for me to ever get rid of.
5. A pair of orange leather gloves that I used to have until about a year ago when I lost one glove and had to throw away the other.
6. The clock on my living room wall. It's a big round sheet of opaque white glass with stylised orange (and purple) flowers. Just glancing at it cheers me up (which is the effect the colour orange usually has on me).
7. Amber. I could look at it all day. I love its translucence, the depth and range of colour - but the pieces I like best are the ones that veer toward the burnt orange rather than the darker or lighter ones.
8. The orange glow of a fire burning in the dark.
9. Sunsets. Though of course there are many colours to a sunset, it's the oranges I look for first.
10. Bunting. Orange is the Dutch national colour, so whenever there's (even a small hope of) a celebration, our streets are festooned in orange bunting, our bakers sell orange pastries, and a fair number of us dress up in orange as well.