Which, if I'm honest, would suit me very well. Because as I told a friend of mine over lunch, if they do, I might be tempted to take it for all the wrong reasons, to wit:
- it's close to where I live (within walking distance, in fact);
- even though the salary isn't great, they offer pretty good secondary terms;
- sheer panic: if I turn it down, will I ever get another offer, or will I join the ranks of the long-term out-of-work?
Wait and see? Or call them up and tell them no thanks? I can't decide.