1. If Stephen King consented to write a book for you, what would your challenge be?
Not many people know this, but I actually hate Stephen King's scribblings. Mainly because I don't like his subject matter, but I'm not too impressed with his style of writing either. So if he were to do a book for me, I would ask him to write anything but a thriller, anything that didn't involve werewolves or monster cars or possessed people; but a good, slightly melancholy story about ordinary things happening to ordinary people, in a prose that's clear, concise, yet inviting and evocative...Oh, and it would also help if it was set against an historical background and revolved around a question of philosophy, mathematics, science and/or theology.
2. Someone with a fat checkbook offers to pay for your dream dinner. What would you ask for?
That's easy. Seafood. And lots of it, esp. of my favourites: lobster, crab, scallops, clams, and oysters!
3. An amusement park opens and you win a ticket for the first ride in a brand new rollercoaster, the fastest and highest rollercoaster in the world. What would you do with the ticket?
I'd give it to my nephew, who loves rollercoaster rides -- but is afraid to go on a Ferris wheel. Go figure!
4. How many times did you see 'Titanic'?
I think it's been on telly 3 times since it came out. I saw it in its entirety the first time; the other 2 times I've only caught bits of it. Love Kate Winslet in it...and my 10 year old niece can stand on the tips of her toes like she does below decks, no trickery involved!
5. Which one of the following do you know and play: chess, checkers, poker, go, shogi, settlers of Catan, Risk, Cluedo, Monopoly? How many boardgames do you own?
I can play chess, but I'm nowhere near grandmaster level. I can play checkers, poker (or any cardgame as long as there's someone on hand to explain or remind me of the rules); have never yet played go, shogi, or settlers of Catan; and am a dab hand at Risk, Cluedo and Monopoly. And although I love to play boardgames, the only one I actually have in my possession is a backgammon board.
1 - Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2 - I will respond; I'll ask you five questions.
3 - You'll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers.
4 - You'll include this explanation.
5 - You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.